1. Block parties are only permitted from the first weekend in May through
2. Completed applications are due in the Public Works Office at least 4 days in
advance. Applications may be faxed to the DPW at (860) 561-8141.
3. By submitting this application, the applicant agrees to assume responsibility
for properly blocking the street using barricades provided by the Town or
caution tape purchased by the applicant if barricades are not available.
4. The caution tape must be plastic, at least 3 inches wide and in a high visibility
color, such as yellow, orange or lime green.
5. If you are using caution tape, block the street by extending the caution tape
between two weighted, but moveable supports. The supports should be strong
enough to hold the tape, but moveable in case you need to get a vehicle in or
6. The permitted hours for a block party are 6 pm to 9 pm on weekdays or 12
noon to 9 pm on holidays and weekends.
7. Only one block of any street may be blocked off.
8. The permit may be revoked if any complaints are received.
9. Rain dates can only be accepted during the same weekend. Otherwise, the
applicant must call the DPW office to re-schedule.